Combining Blue Cat’s external plug-ins in one bundle package makes this free download a must have to compliment your favoured digital audio software. Featuring an extensive list of factory pre-sets on each plug-in, the package is an excellent starting point and goes above and beyond the standard expectations of most freeware plug-ins.
The FreqAnalyst is a frequency spectrum analyser, highly effective when used in conjunction with the Triple EQ also included with the pack. Having a separate channel strip for each plug in is important to give an increased range of control, a higher level of detail and the freedom to use the analyser pre or post EQ.
Also included in the package are the Blue Cat’s Chorus, Flanger and Phaser, each using a similar interface; presumably this is for ease of use and clear control. All three boast effects ranging from adding subtle depth to your mix – particularly useful for this is the ‘Spread’ control featured on all three for a noticeable stereo widening effect.
Last but not least, the Blue Cat’s Gain Suite has a number of effective uses, including control over the gain on multiple channels in real time. Considering this is also MIDI controllable this is a considerably useful feature. The dual control feature allows you to not only control left and right at different levels, but alternately can be used on two channels with a mid/side setup, this allows you to increase the stereo depth, without the risk of creating unwanted phase if the track is played by a listener through a mono speaker, a problem that is increasingly common as the iPad is one of many devices with a mono speaker that is widely used.
All six plug ins can be fully automated and have a distinctive sound quality that will keep more experienced users coming back to them when the situation calls for it. These are well worth downloading and you’ve literally nothing to lose by doing so, as they are all completely free to use.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
• Available as: Mac-AAX, Mac-AU, Mac-RTAS, Mac-VST, Win-AAX, Win-DX, Win-RTAS, Win-VST, Win x64-DX, Win x64-VST.
• Native DSP code for optimal performance.
• Full MIDI control and automation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control and MIDI Learn.
• No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Audio Workstation.
• Skinnable and customizable user interface with transparency management.
• Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
• Full featured integrated presets manager.
• Any sample rate supported.