Ever since the release of the first CDJ, Pioneer have been at the forefront of Digital DJ technology. The latest incarnation of their CD controller, includes a host of new features including MP3 & WAV support, and MIDI compatibility. Now the CDJ2000 has an inevitable companion in the DJM2000 digital mixing console.
According to Pioneer, the DJM2000 is a 4-channel “effects controller mixer”, and its list of features is nothing short of staggering. The design concept centres around the idea of “old meets new”, retaining the traditional two-decks-and-mixer setup while keeping the functionality relevant in the digital age. To that end, the new mixer integrates the entire EFX1000 setup, allowing the DJ to control effects on the mix right from the centre console.
Connectivity doesn’t end with the four channels mentioned above, as there’s also space for TWO laptops (running the Pioneer rekordbox software), allowing two DJs to switch seamlessly between sets – or even combine their libraries for endless song choice!
The DJM-2000 uses a balanced output amp, and its discrete structure allows the sound quality in each bandwidth to be adjusted – plus there’s a dedicated cue channel for monitoring use.
This lovely bit of kit is available from Amazon:
• Large Multi-Touch Colour Screen
• Full USB MIDI/HID Control
• 11 Enhanced Isolator Beat Effects
• Six INST FX On Every Channel
• SideChain Remix Effects
• 7-Band Frequency Mix Crossfader
• Send & Return
• 3-Band Isolator EQ
• Integrated System Approach
• ‘ProDJ Link’ LAN Hub Built-In
• 4 ProDJ Link’ CDJ Connections
• 2 ‘ProDJ Link’ Rekordbox Laptop Connections
• ‘ProDJ Link’ Live Sampler
• ‘ProDJ Link’ Live On Air Status
• 19-inch rack mountable