Following the release of Pro Tools 10, Avid has announced that the classic “MBox” packages will now ship with their new Pro Tools Express software.
The cut-down DAW allows you to record, edit, and mix up to 16 stereo audio tracks—in addition to virtual instrument and MIDI tracks—using the industry-standard toolset used by top producers, engineers, and artists worldwide. Paired with Mbox and Mbox Mini interfaces, Pro Tools Express empowers you to create your best work with more affordable, professional solutions.
Pro Tools Express Key features:
- Record and mix up to 16 stereo audio tracks at 96 kHz (Mbox) or 48 kHz (Mbox Mini) resolution
- Compose music easily with premium AIR virtual instruments, plus the same MIDI editing and Sibelius notation tools as Pro Tools
- Create pro-quality mixes with Automatic Delay Compensation and a collection of high-quality plug-ins
- Change tempo, timing, pitch, and create harmonies in real time with Elastic Time and Elastic Pitch
- Take projects to the next level—and to studios around the world—with session file compatibility across all Pro Tools systems
Mbox (with Pro Tools Express) and Mbox Mini (with Pro Tools Express) ship worldwide for $499 and $299 RRP, respectively. As your needs and skills grow, you can upgrade to Pro Tools 10 for $399.